If you have anything really valuable to contribute to the world it will come through the expression of your own personality, that single spark of divinity that sets you off and makes you different from every other living creature. - Bruce Barton

Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

LOVE IS A COMPROMISE

I have been in a relationship with several men for the past fifteen years. The longest relationship lasted for almost five years. We were already planning to get married. I thought that he’d be the one for me. He promised me that he will never leave me whatever happens. “Come what may”, he said. Later on, I have proven this to be wrong though. He fell out of love I guess. There is no way that I can win him back. He became emotionally detached to me. I have to confront him for this. He just said he does not love me the same way he felt for me four years ago. I was heartbroken. We parted ways and have never seen each other since then.

What I came to realize after this last failed relationship is that there is actually no blueprint to successful relationships. Love is negotiated in tender loving ways, where there is enough room for parties, what they would want and what they would need, what they could do and what their life would likely be. It is not business where in people negotiate to win. Love is when you are anxious about someone else’s circumstances as you are about your own.

Two years after the break up, I still think of him. I still have the “what if” feeling, regretful of the relationship. I am always thinking if I failed to make a compromise with him or if we did compromise, was I able to live up to the compromise agreement? Until now, tears fall in my eyes when I think of how we were when we’re together. It pains me to think that I have lost a good man. I secretly wish that he’d realize that he had lost a good woman, too and decides to come back to me. I am patiently waiting for his return and I don’t know how long it will take for him to find his way back to me.

One thing is certain when he comes back, I would know when to compromise for our love to flourish and endure all the hardships. I just hope that he will come back sooner than later. Until then, my love for him floats.

Are you willing to compromise in the name of love?

View my Guestbook
Free Guestbooks by Bravenet.com


Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment